Jo (jmarie1974) has an amazing blog that will inspire everyone who wants to lose weight and live a healthy life. On the blog, Jo documents her personal weight loss journey against goals she has set for herself. It gives me immense pleasure to go through her posts which are always informative and inspiring. Having said this, you might be wondering what the Sunshine Blogger Award is. I will quote Jo here, because her description and introduction to this award is already perfect and cant be done better. She writes;
“The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award passed down from blogger to blogger as a way to show appreciation. The blogs that create inspirational content, shows great creativity, and positivity is selected by a previous nominee. It’s a pretty neat award system! This helps newer blogs get discovered, grows your network, and can also help you make beautiful friendships with like-minded people. While you are encouraged to participate, you don’t have to. It’s okay if you decide not to, blogging is hard work but the nominees definitely deserve the shout out.”
The Rules as described by Jo are;
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive this award
- Write 11 new questions for the nominated bloggers
- List the rules and display them on your post
- Notify the nominees about the nomination by commenting on one of their posts
MY ANSWERS TO JO’S QUESTIONS:
- Who is/was the most influential person in your life and why?
For me, it is my father. He has taught me almost everything I know and he has always been a role model for me. Even now, I often depend on his advice and whenever I need help. Everything I am today is because of his continuous effort for me and patience with me.
- What have you done that’s made you feel most proud of yourself?
I took an initiative a while ago and started a small startup which manufactures concrete products. Today it is a successful company and I am very proud of myself for enduring the difficult days and building something for myself with hard work and dedication.
- What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you?
One of my dearest friends has always been kind to me. She was always there to support me through happiness and sadness. When I was going through the lowest parts of my life, she picked me up and put be back on track,
- Should Chinese or Indian food be eaten the following morning?
No . . . Never. No explanation needed here.
- What do you prefer, sitting quietly watching the waves roll in, or being out in the waves?
Sitting quietly. Silence is a source of peace for me. I enjoy calm and relaxing environments where I can just sit back and let my thoughts run wild/
- Is there a famous person you would like to meet?
Yes. I would love to meet Giannis. He is a basketball player in the NBA and I love basketball.
- Is there anything you would like to change about your personality?
Not really. Lately I have been focusing on self-love and I have dedicated and entire section to that in my blog. I would like to improve myself in this regard.
- Are you a ‘glass half full or glass half empty’ person?
None. I’m more of a realist. For me the glass is always full. Half with water and half with air.
- Where would you love to travel to?
I love mountains and cold climate. Would love to visit Switzerland someday
- What item of clothing can you not cope without?
Almost every item. But I do feel uncomfortable with fitted clothing. I like my clothes loose.
- What period of time would you like to go back to and why?
I would go back to my high school days. Life was much easier back then and although in many ways things are better now, but I lost some one during those days who I regret losing even now. If I could go back, I hold on to them tighter.
BLOGS I NOMINATE:
- Jess of Earth
- Relapse or Recovery: A Tale of Three Addictions
- Rose Girl’s World
- The Myth of Prometheus
- The Boy Behind the Glasses
- Scribblers Arena
- Meditation Dictations
- Gary Strachan – “Write” Said Fred
- The World of Woo
- The Power of Introspection
- Living Heaven on Earth
11 QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES:
- How do you define yourself?
- What is your goal in life?
- What absolutely excites you?
- What do you think is the driving force in your life?
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you recently?
- If you had the opportunity to meet one person you haven’t met, who would it be, why, and what would you talk about?
- When and where were you happiest in your life?
- If you were given three things to make you happy, what would these be?
- Do you think people fall in love because the right person has arrived, or because the time is right (regardless of whom the person is that they fall in love with)?
- What book influenced you the most?
- What do you think is humankind’s greatest invention?