What was it like, when you were a child? What was it like growing up with a million dreams and endless possibilities? Why do we all eventually let go of all these dreams as we grow up? What are we really meant to be?
The barren field – is a series of anecdotes which attempts to gather experiences of one such human being in order to locate the humungous chest of dreams we all left behind.
Will we find it? Or should I ask, what will you do when you find it?
- Chapter 1 – The Promising EarthHave you ever held fresh soil in your hands? On which no foot has ever walked and it has never been disturbed before? A field, full of soil that has only been touched by the soft hands of nature? Have … Continue reading Chapter 1 – The Promising Earth
- Chapter 2 – The Green FlameI had a dream last night while I was sleeping inside the house I made in the middle of the field. I was flying by a million stars. I was awestruck and glanced at all the passing stars, each more … Continue reading Chapter 2 – The Green Flame
- Chapter 3 – The Tree That Fell From The SkyI have seen it.When the day was younger.And the night a distant tale.When it was plentyAnd scarce was its dearth I have seen itWhen words were kinderAnd hearts simple and pureWhen the winds were calmAnd the shores untamed I have … Continue reading Chapter 3 – The Tree That Fell From The Sky
- Chapter 4 – The Long DroughtThe fields were thriving. I was now more motivated than ever. All around the house I had built, there was hope in abundance. I would walk in the field, happily inspecting the crops, and later I would sit on the … Continue reading Chapter 4 – The Long Drought
- Chapter 5 – The Calm Before The StormI was standing on the porch of my house, which was slowly decaying as the principals that I had made the house from waned. There was a strange whisper in the wind that carried a vague message. It seemed to … Continue reading Chapter 5 – The Calm Before The Storm