What is loss ? What is it like losing a part of yourself? Never having the chance to experience what one would consider a blessing above all other blessings ? So close to the very blessing, yet infinitely far away from it? This is a story about a father, who never met his daughter . . . who was forced to turn away. This is being written with pain and tears in hopes that someday the daughter will read this and understand.
Men are always expected to be emotionally strong. They are expected to bear everything while still functioning like normal human beings. Life unfolds and things that are never expected to happen, happen . . . Things that leave a person hollow forever, and nothing can fix it. No amount of worldly gain can heal the wound that is made when a parent is unable to be with their child.
This story is dedicated to all fathers who are going through something similar.
- Chapter 1 – The year of stormsIt was a quite night. The trees were still under the night sky, as if afraid to make a noise. The ground was silent and there were no stars above. Just a lonely moon, behind the dark clouds peeking down. … Continue reading Chapter 1 – The year of storms
- Chapter 2 – The delinquent fatherIt was the twenty second day of March. The year was 2019. He woke up with a strange feeling. His world was colourless and he lay in his bed, trying to gather his thoughts. He did not have much to … Continue reading Chapter 2 – The delinquent father
- Chapter 3 – The broken fateTime seems to have frozen. There is always a permanent state of wonder. Like the continuous falling of leaves from a tree which never runs out of leaves to shed, during an endless autumn. The days become colder and darker … Continue reading Chapter 3 – The broken fate
- Chapter 4 – The continuing desolationHe stood in the middle of a never ending landscape. Vast flat fields over barren land. All around him, he could see nothing but the drying earth and the scorching sun high up in cloudless skies. The rest of his … Continue reading Chapter 4 – The continuing desolation
- Chapter 5 – The first year“Today, she would have been a year old” he whispered to himself. It was past midnight and the there was no light around him as he lay still on the bed. Distant sounds of the city were softly breaking the … Continue reading Chapter 5 – The first year
- Chapter 6 – The Sincere BetrayalHe was poisoned slowly while they cut and craftedA chasm was made away where he was castedThree hundred trees were carefully plantedMischievous were their roots and their trunks were slanted His mind was scraped and thoughts distilledThey collected his words … Continue reading Chapter 6 – The Sincere Betrayal
- Chapter 7 – A father’s loveAn arduous path, fate has set before me. The kind which relentlessly taxes my spirit and has begun to slowly erode the very seams of my sanity. The deafening cries inside my mind keep me awake and the deception, lies … Continue reading Chapter 7 – A father’s love