This story is about a simple guy, who never really understood many things. He is an ordinary guy who has developed a rather profound personality through years of never ending obstacles. He was raised to be a gentle soul, protected from the impure world. But throughout his life, he learnt through many ill experiences – the true nature of this world and the reason we are put here.
- Chapter 1 – The Latest Debacle“What is persistence?”, he asked when I asked him the reason behind his attitude towards everything. He has always been persistent in everything regardless of the outcomes. Always adamant on getting the results that are not only right, but also … Continue reading Chapter 1 – The Latest Debacle
- Chapter 2 – The RecoveryHow does one recover from a debacle ? Especially, one concerning losing people you care about for no apparent reasons ? Why is such loss difficult for one, but seems so easy for the other? A swarm of thoughts and … Continue reading Chapter 2 – The Recovery
- Chapter 3 – The TamingWhat exactly is self-love? I have often wondered. We hear a lot about self-love, but how do we really define it and to what degree can we indulge in philautia without becoming selfish or narcissistic? While researching on this, I … Continue reading Chapter 3 – The Taming
- Chapter 4 – The NarcissistIt was a slow day. The birds seemed to be engaged in a never ending song which could be heard from above in the vast trees. Their shade extended over the wild grass. The sun was shining through the leaves, … Continue reading Chapter 4 – The Narcissist
- Chapter 5 – The AnswerEmotional intelligence is essential when taming oneself. The key to controlling situations and retaining your inner peace is restraint. A famous quote comes to mind, which is of disputed origin; ‘You will continue to suffer if you have an emotional … Continue reading Chapter 5 – The Answer
- Chapter 6 – The Impending BewildermentThere was a timeWhen my thoughts were more coherent. . .I was journeying swiftlyHow did I become so desultory? The path was clear,Bare under the skyHow did it evade me?When it was under my feet Oh! I have been searchingLong … Continue reading Chapter 6 – The Impending Bewilderment